Wholesale / Suppliers Insurance

Wholesale / Suppliers Insurance

As every warehouse business is unique and with so many insurance options on the market for wholesalers, it can be difficult to know exactly which type will provide the right amount of cover if things go wrong.

A robust risk management and insurance programme can help your wholesale/suppliers business to respond quickly, maintain continuity and manage your reputation.

Find out how The Yorkshire Broker can help you to manage any potential risks and protect your staff, customers, buildings and equipment within a comprehensive insurance solution.

Types of insurance cover your wholesale/suppliers business may require

Insurance programmes for wholesale/suppliers businesses would typically include a combination of the following cover:

  • Buildings insurance: If you’re responsible for insuring the building where your business operates, this will provide cover for your building in the event perils such as of flooding, a fire or theft.
  • Business contents insurance: This will provide cover for the interior elements of your shop, such as fixtures and fittings, equipment and any furniture.
  • Business assets and equipment insurance: Provides cover for the assets that your retail business needs to operate, such as computers, mechanical equipment, tools, machines and stock.
  • Plant and machinery insurance: If you use plant and machinery on site (forklift trucks), regardless of whether you own the equipment or you’ve hired it, this will help to cover the replacement or repair costs in the event that it is stolen or damaged.
  • Public liability insurance: Provides protection if your retail activities kill or injure a member of the public or damages their property. For example, if someone slips over in your shop as a result of the floor being wet, this will give you some protection in the event of a claim.
  • Products liability cover: Provides cover if an individual suffers damage or injury as a result of a product that you designed, repaired or serviced.
  • Employers’ liability cover: This is a compulsory type of insurance for employers, regardless of whether the member of staff is permanent, temporary, volunteer, contractor or freelancer. The minimum level of protection is £5m, which will cover the cost of compensation claims if staff get injured or fall ill as a result of carrying out their required duties.
  • Business interruption insurance: Provides cover for financial losses if your business can’t operate from its normal retail space due to events such as fire, major theft or a flood. This includes things like loss of income and rent.
  • Stock insurance: Provides cover in the event that your stock is damaged through events such as fire or flooding, or if it is stolen.
  • Goods in transit cover: This will provide cover if goods are damaged whilst in transit to and from your premises or lost while being delivered by post or courier.
  • Marine cargo insurance: Provides cover against loss or damage to goods whilst being transported worldwide by road, rail, sea or air. It can also cover goods whilst held in storage within the UK.
  • Theft of takings: If you take payments in cash, then you may want added protection in case of theft from you, anyone working for you or your premises.
  • Cyber Insurance: This will cover you in the event of any form of data breach due to a cyber attack, as well as for any business lost due to your systems being shut down. 
  • Directors’ and Officers’ Insurance: In the event of a claim being made against you personally, directors’ insurance will provide financial protection and cover the costs of defending your case in court as well as settling any successful claims.
  • Fleet and commercial vehicle insurance: Do you use a van as part of your work? Then you will need to ensure that you have the correct amount of van insurance in place to cover you whilst driving it.
  • Engineering Inspection: Ensures that you keep any machinery and equipment in full working order, so that it is safe to use. The insurance ensures that inspections are carried out regularly by a competent engineer and are arranged for you by your insurer.

These are just examples of some of the types of wholesale/suppliers insurance policies that we look after at The Yorkshire Broker.

What insurance do I need for my wholesale/suppliers business?

If you are responsible for the running of a wholesale/suppliers business of any kind you should consider taking out a tailored insurance programme. The wide variety of risks to both the staff and customers create the need for an insurance solution that provides comprehensive protection.

We know that no two wholesale/suppliers businesses are the same, so speak to us today to find out which policies will best meet your needs.

The cost of insurance for wholesale/suppliers

The combined premiums that you will pay for your wholesale/suppliers insurance programme depends on the level of cover that you need and the breadth of risk that your business is exposed to.

It is crucial to ensure that you are properly protected in the event of an incident occurring. With that in mind, at The Yorkshire Broker we will take the time to understand the specific needs of your business and recommend the amount of cover that is best suited to you.

Importantly, we work tirelessly on your behalf to present your business to potential insurers as accurately as possible so that premiums are completely appropriate to your risk exposure.

Insuring your wholesale/suppliers business

The Yorkshire Broker is well placed to provide you with the professional support to review your current insurance programme and assess where you might be at risk from underinsurance, or even paying for excessive cover.

We understand that wholesale/suppliers businesses face unique risks and challenges on a day-to-day basis, and that you need bespoke insurance that works for you and gives you the level of cover that is appropriate to the risks that you face.

Give your business the protection that it deserves today – if you want to find out how much peace of mind costs, contact The Yorkshire Broker by calling: 01924 929070.

Read or leave a review

Website Hosting by Dark Cherry Creative.