Real Estate Insurance

Real Estate Insurance

The ever-changing landscape of the global real estate industry requires greater protection than ever. 

A robust risk management and insurance programme can help your real estate business to respond quickly, maintain continuity and manage your reputation.

Find out how The Yorkshire Broker can help you to manage any potential risks and protect your staff, customers, buildings and equipment within a comprehensive insurance solution.

Types of insurance cover your real estate business may require

Insurance programmes for real estate businesses would typically include a combination of the following cover:

  • Buildings insurance: If your property receives structural damage due to causes such as flooding, vandalism and falling trees, buildings insurance can cover the cost of repairs. This type of insurance is usually compulsory for mortgage payers. 
  • Property owners’ liability insurance: Covers property owners for claims spanning personal injury or property damage that is sustained by third parties. 
  • Employers’ liability insurance: This is a compulsory type of insurance for employers, regardless of whether the member of staff is permanent, temporary, volunteer, contractor or freelancer. The minimum level of protection is £5m, which will cover the cost of compensation claims if staff get injured or fall ill as a result of carrying out their required duties.
  • Professional indemnity insurance: Professional indemnity insurance covers you should faulty real estate advice lead to a financial loss for a client. Also known as errors & omissions (E&O) insurance.
  • Contents insurance: If you’re renting out a furnished property, this covers internal items including furniture, carpets and curtains, and if it’s a flat you may also be able to cover communal areas such as halls, receptions, stairs and landings.
  • Rental protection insurance: This will cover the rental income that you lose if you can’t rent out your property due to serious damage that has occurred.
  • Property management insurance: Provides cover for owners and property managers against financial risks including injury claims, property damage and financial loss.
  • Construction insurance: For real estate developments, construction insurance covers property damage, injury or financial loss claims. Contractors All Risk (CAR) insurance covers site materials and contracted works,while structural warranty provides 10 years’ cover for latent defects found in new builds after completion of the project.
  • Landlord insurance: Providing cover for rental properties, insuring against loss of rental income, property damage and legal liability for injuries sustained by tenants during their tenancy.
  • Unoccupied property insurance: If no one has lived in your property for over 30 days, this insurance provides protection, including if repairs or renovations are required during this time. 
  • Block insurance: Covers property owners and managers against risk management claims for blocks of flats.


These are just examples of some of the types of real estate insurance policies that we look after at The Yorkshire Broker

What insurance do I need for my real estate business?

If you are responsible for the running of a real estate business of any kind you should consider taking out a tailored insurance programme. The wide variety of risks to both the staff and customers create the need for an insurance solution that provides comprehensive protection.

We know that no two real estate businesses are the same, so speak to us today to find out which policies will best meet your needs.

The cost of real estate insurance

The combined premiums that you will pay for your real estate insurance programme depends on the level of cover that you need and the breadth of risk that your business is exposed to.

It is crucial to ensure that you are properly protected in the event of an incident occurring. With that in mind, at The Yorkshire Broker we will take the time to understand the specific needs of your business and recommend the amount of cover that is best suited to you.

Importantly, we work tirelessly on your behalf to present your business to potential insurers as accurately as possible so that premiums are completely appropriate to your risk exposure. 

Insuring your real estate business

The Yorkshire Broker is well placed to provide you with the professional support to review your current insurance programme and assess where you might be at risk from underinsurance, or even paying for excessive cover.

We understand that real estate businesses face unique risks and challenges on a day-to-day basis, and that you need bespoke insurance that works for you and gives you the level of cover that is appropriate to the risks that you face.

Give your business the protection that it deserves today – if you want to find out how much peace of mind costs, contact The Yorkshire Broker by calling: 01924 929070.

Read or leave a review

Website Hosting by Dark Cherry Creative.